SJB Recycling provides compost for use in horticulture.
Compost lends itself very well to horticulture, used either as a growing media constituent or as a soil improver.
Our Yorganics compost is in particular demand given it is peat-free and is accredited to the British Standards Institution PAS100 scheme. This is helping the horticultural industry in the UK meet government targets for reduction in peat use.
The benefits of using compost in horticulture are numerous but include:
- It reduces the need for fertilisers as our compost contains Nitrogen, Phosphate and Potassium.
- It may assist in the suppression of some plant diseases due to the micro-organisms in compost being more biologically active.
- Compost contains all the main plant micro nutrients such as Sulphur and Iron.
- It contains organic matter for good soil/media structure.
- It reduces the need for liming.
As we are a compost supplier on the BSI PAS100 scheme we can also supply you with recent laboratory data to help you successfully use our Yorganics product.
If you would like to buy our compost, or would like more information, please call us on 0845 300 8889 or email our Customer Services Team. In addition, you can request a callback by filling in the form below.